나의 역량 지수
Metal-Silica-Graphitic Carbon Hybrid Nanomaterials
Won Seok Seo
Department of Chemistry, Sogang University, Seoul 04107, Korea
Mesoporous silica spheres (MSS) or mesoporous carbon spheres (MCS) embedded with magnetic nanoparticles and/or noble metal nanoparticles are of great interest for technological applications such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) contrast agents, recyclable catalysts, magnetic carriers for delivery, and bioseparation owing to their large pore size, high surface area, good chemical stability, excellent magnetic attraction to external fields, and nontoxic nature. Our research group has developed a chemical vapor deposition (CVD) method to synthesize FexCo1-x/graphitic carbon shell (FeCo/GC) nanocrystals and mesoporous spheres embedded with the FeCo/GC nanocrystals and/or noble metal nanoparticles. In this talk, I will introduce the syntheses of ultra-small, uniform, and single bcc-phased FeCo/GC nanocrystals, MSS and MCS embedded with FeCo/GC nanocrystals (FeCo/GC@MSS and FeCo/GC@MCS), hollow FeCo/GC@MCS containing Au or Pt metal nanoparticles, and MSS embedded with FePt or FeRu nanocrystals, and their applications.
Full Name: Won Seok Seo
Office Address: Department of Chemistry, Sogang University
35 Baekbeom-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul 04107, Korea
Phone: +82-2-705-8448 (Office)
1999.3 - 2003.8 KAIST, Ph.D., Nanochemistry
Thesis: "Preparation, Characterization, and Application of Metal Oxide and Metallic Nanomaterials". (Prof. Joon T. Park)
1997.3 - 1999.2 KAIST, M.S., Inorganic Chemistry
Thesis: "Synthesis of Group 4 Metal Complexes with h2-Pyrazolato and h2-Hydrazido Ligands". (Prof. Joon T. Park)
1993.3 - 1997.2 KAIST, B.S., Chemistry
2018.9 - present Professor, Sogang University
2013.7 - 2014.7 Stanford University, Visiting Professor
c/o Prof. Hongjie Dai
2011.9 - 2018.8 Associate professor, Sogang University
2007.9 - 2011.8 Assistant professor, Sogang University
2005.7 - 2007.7 Stanford University, Postdoctoral Research Fellow
c/o Prof. Hongjie Dai
2003.9 - 2005.6 KAIST, Postdoctoral Research fellow (NRL project)
c/o Prof. Joon T. Park
- Size, shape, and surface structure control of nanocrystals
(semiconducting nanocrystals, metallic nanocrystals, metal oxide nanocrystals, metal/carbon core/shell nanocrystals)
- Synthesis of nanocrystal-superlattice structures
- Surface modification and functionalization of nanomaterials
(nanoparticles, nanowires, and carbon nanotubes)
- Exploitation of optical, magnetic, and catalytic properties of nanomaterials
- Surface functionalization of nanomaterials with biocompatible materials
(metal/carbon core/shell nanocrystals and carbon nanotubes)
- Exploitation of optical and magnetic properties of nanobiomaterials in bio systems
16. "Au nanoparticle@hollow mesoporous carbon with FeCo/graphitic shell nanoparticls as a magnetically recyclable yolk–shell nanocatalyst for catalytic reduction of nitroaromatics," Y. Hong, I. A. Choi and W. S. Seo*, Sci. Rep. 8, 7469 (2018).
15. "Covalent Functionalization of FeCo/Graphitic Shell Nanocrystals via 1,3-Dipolar Cycloaddition," D. J. Kim, Y. Hong, Y. J. Seo, D. Yang, S. W. Lee, N.-Y. Gil, B. Moon, H.-J. Cha, G. Lee, and W. S. Seo*, ChemNanoMat 4, 132-139 (2018).
14. "Highly stable mesoporous silica nanospheres embedded with FeCo/graphitic shell nanocrystals as magnetically recyclable multifunctional adsorbents for wastewater treatment," Y. Hong, D. J. Kim, I. A. Choi, M. Pal, G. Lee*, K. M. Nam* and W. S. Seo*, RSC Adv. 8, 1089-1097 (2018).
13. "Facile synthesis of fully ordered L10-FePt nanoparticles with controlled Pt-shell thicknesses for electrocatalysis," Y. Hong, H. J. Kim, D. Yang, G. Lee, K. M. Nam, M.-H. Jung, Y.-M. Kim*, S.-I. Choi*, and W. S. Seo*, Nano Res. 10, 2866-2880 (2017).
12. "Non-native transition metal monoxide nanostructures: unique physicochemical properties and phase transformations of CoO, MnO and ZnO," K. M. Nam*, W. S. Seo*, H. Song* and J. T. Park*, NPG Asia Mater. 9, e364 (2017).
11. "A Highly Stable and Magnetically Recyclable Nanocatalyst System: Mesoporous Silica Spheres Embedded with FeCo/Graphitic Shell Magnetic Nanoparticles and Pt Nanocatalysts," D. J. Kim, Y. Li, Y. J. Kim, N. H. Hur, and W. S. Seo*, Chem. Asian J. 10, 2755-2761 (2015).
10. "Confined growth of highly uniform and single bcc-phased FeCo/graphitic-shell nanocrystals in SBA-15," D. J. Kim, M. Pal, and W. S. Seo*, Microporous Mesoporous Mater. 180, 32-39 (2013).
9. "Ultra-small, Uniform, and Single bcc-Phased FexCo1-x/Graphitic Shell Nanocrystals for T1 Magnetic Resonance Imaging Contrast Agents," I. A. Choi, Y. Li, D. J. Kim, M. Pal, J.-H. Cho, K. Lee, M.-H. Jung, C. Lee, and W. S. Seo*, Chem. Asian J. 8, 290-295 (2013).
8. "Highly Stable and Magnetically Recyclable Mesoporous Silica Spheres Embedded with FeCo/Graphitic Shell Nanocrystals for Supported Catalysts," Y. Li, Y. J. Kim, A. Y. Kim, K. Lee, M. H. Jung, N. H. Hur, K. H. Park,* and W. S. Seo*, Chem. Mater. 23, 5398-5403 (2011).
7. "The Role of Water for Phase-Selective Preparation of Hexagonal and Cubic Cobalt Oxide Nanoparticles," J. H. Shim, K. M. Nam, W. S. Seo,* H. Song*, and J. T. Park*, Chem. Asian J. 6. 1575-1581 (2011).
6. "Syntheses and Characterization of Wurtzite CoO, Rocksalt CoO, and Spinel Co3O4 Nanocrystals: Their Interconversion and Tuning of Phase and Morphology," K. M. Nam, J. H. Shim, D.-W. Han, H. S. Kwon, Y.-M. Kang, Y. Li, H. Song, W. S. Seo,* and J. T. Park*, Chem. Mater. 22, 4446-4454 (2010).
5. "Synthesis of Ultrasmall Ferromagnetic Face-Centered Tetragonal FePt–Graphite Core–Shell Nanocrystals," W. S. Seo,* S. M. Kim, Y.-M. Kim, X. Sun, and H. Dai*, Small 4, 1968-1971 (2008).
4. "Preparation and Optical Properties of Colloidal, Monodisperse, and Highly Crystalline ITO Nanoparticles," S.-I. Choi, K. M. Nam, B. K. Park, W. S. Seo,* and J. T. Park*, Chem. Mater. 20, 2609-2611 (2008).
3. "FeCo/graphitic-shell nanocrystals as advanced magnetic-resonance-imaging and near-infrared agents," W. S. Seo, J. H. Lee, X. Sun, Y. Suzuki, D. Mann, Z. Liu, M. Terashima, P. C. Yang, M. V. Mcconnell, D. G. Nishimura, and H. Dai*, Nature Materials 5, 971-976 (2006).
2. "Phase- and Size-Controlled Synthesis of Hexagonal and Cubic CoO Nanocrystals," W. S. Seo, J. H. Shim, S. J. Oh, E. K. Lee, N. H. Hur,* and J. T. Park*, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 127, 6188-6189 (2005).
1. "Size-Dependent Magnetic Properties of Colloidal Mn3O4 and MnO Nanoparticles," W. S. Seo, H. H. Jo, K. Lee, B. Kim, S. J. Oh, and J. T. Park*, Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. 43, 1115-1117 (2004).
4. "백금 쉘의 두께가 조절된 철-백금 나노입자를 함유한 촉매, 및 이의 제조 방법", 서원석, 홍용훈, 최상일, Korea Patent Registration 10-2015303; August 22, 2019.
3. "자성 무기 복합체 나노입자, 이의 제조 방법 및 그의 용도", 서원석, Korea Patent Registration 10-1420257; July 10, 2014.
2. "자성 무기 복합체, 이의 제조 방법 및 그의 용도", 서원석, 리연, Korea Patent Registration 10-1363597; February 10, 2014.
1. "Multifunctional metal-graphite nanocrystals", J. H. Lee, W. S. Seo, H. Dai, Z. Liu, and S. P. Sherlock, U.S. Patent Application 20080213189; September 4, 2008.
※ 프로그램 신청은 <숭실 6대 핵심역량 진단> 참여 후 가능, [홈페이지 왼쪽 상단에 가로 세줄 아이콘 > 핵심역량진단]